Join our team
Job Description: Production Account Manager
Company: The Collective Film & TV Locations Agency
Position: Production Account Manager
Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Holborn, London
Salary: £28k - £32k basic
OTE: £31-£35k + incl. bonuses
London’s leading film and TV locations agency is looking for a smart and enthusiastic self-starter to join its growing Production Services Team. The Collective is an energetic and creative company with a start-up feel and a fun, open, collaborative culture. We are expanding fast during a period in which movie and TV filming in London is growing rapidly. This role is an opportunity to be part of an exciting industry in very exciting times, and to play a part in ensuring our extensive range of great London locations remain open for filming for as long as possible.
One of the jewels in our current portfolio is the old College building, near Holborn tube. Since the building was decommissioned in 2012, this building has become a vibrant hub of filming, housing production offices, costume workshops and rehearsals for anywhere between 15 – 20 Feature film and TV dramas at any one time. The beautiful old part of the building has also become one of the most filmed at locations in the country, offering location filming but also set build potential. The theatre space onsite has also been used as a TV studio for the revamp of TFI Friday and most recently The Nightly Show. The Old College Building will be the main focus of this role it is also where we have set up our own offices so the whole Collective team currently work out of here.
The Old College Building Team is currently made up of one Account Director, one Account Executive and one Facilities Coordinator. Team work is essential for coordinating multiple production companies based in the building, facilitating filming and working with the building to ensure it reaches its maximum potential as a location.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join the team to take ownership of the production enquiries for The Old College Building and maximise revenue from all areas of the site. As the successful applicant, you will be required to handle location and production enquiries from initial brief through to hire and aftercare. You will build relationships with production contacts of all types and deliver great customer service to build The Collective brand, and help make the Production Team a more effective and efficient all round proposition.
You’ll need to be entrepreneurial, ambitious, confident, buttoned-down and able to get on well with pretty much anyone.
The Role in Detail
As The Collective’s Production Account Manager, your job description will include:
• Taking Production focused enquiries and presenting a range of options to meet their needs within the Production Team portfolio.
• Growing The Collective’s customer base and opening up our service to a wider range of production contacts. We perform strongly in narrative driven content; feature films, drama and comedy, and we are looking to strengthen in broadcast production, entertainment TV, commercials, music promos and stills production to maximise the potential of the Old College Building and our other sites.
• Managing situations of conflict with production contacts and locations as and when they arise.
• Managing Expectations of The old College Building which is first and foremost a decommissioned site.
• Having your finger on the pulse of the London production scene and production pipeline to proactively engage with the production community on locations that might be suitable for upcoming productions.
• Building relationships with production contacts and location owners through frequent phone contact, face to face time and providing great customer service
• Using your creative eye to select locations which accurately and innovatively answer a brief, and presenting these suggestions to production contacts.
• Managing productions through recces, production and post-production aftercare.
• Spotting opportunities to grow the business through developing new briefs with production contacts and/or opening up shooting options and new uses with location owners.
• Creating, tailoring and negotiating production quotes.
• Creating contracts and invoices for hires.
• Assessing and streamlining the enquiry process to handle a larger volume of enquiries.
• Developing a marketing plan for your own portfolio of exclusive locations to actively engage the London production world.
What we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
• Drive and ambition
• 2-4 years of experience in a customer service oriented / client facing environment
• A creative eye and approach to solving problems
• Ability to think strategically day to day but also have confidence in working at overarching business strategy.
• A passion for sales, creating business proactively and meeting targets
• Lots of enthusiasm and positivity
• Skill in engaging and managing people, and a proven track record in building relationships quickly
• A great phone manner and general communication skills
• A collaborative, supportive, team-oriented working approach
• Flawless attention to detail
• An eagerness to grow and develop your own skills and experience
• Self-motivation and the ability to get things done under your own steam
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Office and Google Docs suites
• Experience in film and TV (a bonus not a must)
• A competitive salary + bonus potential
• The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, fast-moving company
• Fun, supportive, passionate team and culture
• Opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge of an interesting and creative world
• Managing and working from an exciting production hub in the heart of London (with celeb spotting potential)
• A management team committed to investing in individual growth and development
• Team and individual rewards for hitting targets
• Frequent social events including team building days at home and away to celebrate our successes
More about The Collective
The Collective is the ‘go-to’ film and TV locations agency for industry professionals shooting in London, with over 1,500 properties for hire to every major production taking place within the capital. We represent a growing number of these locations, hand-picked for their high filmic potential, exclusively.
Our main USP is our membership. 70% of the location scouts and managers working in the city are signed up as exclusive members of The Collective. This means they constantly refer exciting, newly ‘discovered’ locations to us alone, and we feel privileged to say they frequently call on us first when they need to source locations for the films and TV projects they work on.
Over the past 12 months a small selection of clients include Goodbye Christopher Robin, Jason Bourne, The Mummy, Florence Foster Jenkins, Justice League, BFG, London Has Fallen, Now You See Me 2, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Bridget Jones’ Baby, My Cousin Rachel, Ab Fab: The Movie, Jack Reacher 2: Never Go Back, Black Mirror, The Night Manager, The Crown, Lucky Man, Humans, Marcella, Fleabag and Luther.
Our team is made up of three divisions:
• Commercial: Historic buildings, office buildings, warehouses, universities and so on
• Residential: Any privately owned properties from stately homes to penthouses to Victorian terraces
• Production Services: Production support including studio space, production offices, wardrobe and make-up space etc
The Collective shares a large, open plan office in Holborn with sister company Canvas Events. We’re a tight-knit team of around 24, working together to hit quarterly financial targets, grow our portfolio of locations and build relationships and our reputation within the industry.
All team members within ‘The Collective Group’ are bonded together by the ‘Collective Culture’, our core values that unite us in how we approach work, as well as enable us to fulfil our potential as professionals.
Vast emphasis is placed on team unity, collaboration and personal development within the whole group. We have a strong bond in the office and enjoy working, learning from and socialising together as much as possible. We regularly find opportunities to celebrate our successes together. We all went to Lisbon recently as a celebration for hitting a group wide target. Over the summer we headed to the Edinburgh festival, and then had another weekend in Marseille. When the team hits our big yearly target then it is a long weekend in Las Vegas for everyone!!!