Location of the month, August 2011- University of West London, Slough and Reading Campuses
University of West London's Reading Campus is situated along the M4 just 35 miles from London, and 23 miles from the M25 Junction 4.
The Location can offer:
- Vacant site which means hires can be accommodated seven days per week.
- Versatile site spread over one floor primarily which is always welcomed for filming and photography.
- Has a large sports hall which can be used for set building.
- There is a network of large rooms that could be converted into a hospital or police station.
- The library is an interesting space which again could double as other spaces such as a police incident room
- Exterior could be a police station or hospital entrance.
- Lots of parking available on site which could accommodate a feature film production.
- The décor of the internal spaces could lend themselves to a 1970's period feel due to the ‘wood heavy’ influence of the design.
- Other interiors include various classroom spaces, a canteen and a kitchen.
- Utilities are still currently connected but this may change.
The University of West London's Slough Campus is situated along the M4, just 22 miles from Central London.
The campus can offer the following:
- Close proximity to London and the major studios
- Ample parking for any size of film unit.
- On site staff can be utilised by production and they will help facilitate a much smoother hire.
- Due to the partial decommissioning process that is taking place on site there is minimal red tape which should allow a production an element of freedom and flexibility.
- Full asbestos report available.
- The campus holds lots of props and authentic equipment that can be used by production.
- Great production office potential.
- Utilities are still connected but this may change.
The spaces that are available are as follows:
- Main reception which could act as a double as a hospital waiting room / reception.
- Many areas that can easily double as hospital wards.
- Many of the corridors are interesting in length and design.
- Authentically dressed labs
- An equipped cafeteria and kitchen
- Lecture theatres
- 70's and modern classrooms
- Interesting exteriors which have been well maintained ensuring that the campus doesn't look like it is being decommissioned.
NB: NOISY IN CERTAIN AREAS OF THE CAMPUS DUE TO MAJOR ROAD WORKS BEING ADJACENT TO TWO SIDES OF THE SITE UNTIL MARCH 2012
PART OF THE SITE IS ALSO LEASED TO THE COMPANY THAT IS DOING THE ROAD WORKS. THEREFORE THERE WILL BE ACTIVITY AND HEAVY
If you would like any additional information or to organise a visit to these two fantastic locations then please get in contact with Rebecca Snook, Account Manager, on 0207 284 8904 or email on email@example.com