We take your privacy very seriously. Please read this privacy statement (“Policy”) carefully as it contains important information about how your personal information will be used in relation to our website www.location-collective.co.uk (“Website”) and related services (“Services”).
By using our Website and/or Services you consent to the statements made in this Policy.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the “controller” is The Location Collective Limited trading as Location Collective incorporated in England and Wales under company number 6134012 and having its registered office address at Horley Green House, Horley Green Road, Claremount, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 6AS (whom we refer to as “we” and related terms such as “our” and “us”). We are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data.
If you would like to contact us in relation to this Policy please do so via www.location-collective.co.uk/contact
NFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use our Website or Services, we may collect certain personal information from you including:
- your contact details (such as your name, email address and contact number);
- details about you and the filming you are organising (for example, when you use our Website to select and enquire about properties of interest for filming we will retain shoot information and further details about the production).
- details of your property (for example, if you submit a property we may retain information including: address details, owner contact name and number, dimensions, number of rooms, access points, availability, preferred revenue streams, occupation of the property, any redevelopment plans, etc.)
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASES OF PROCESSING
PROCESSING BASED ON YOUR CONSENT
Where we are processing your personal information in order to provide our Services, the legal basis for this is that you have given your consent. For example:
- (a) by calling us or emailing us about a location listed on our website, you consent to us passing your information on to the location’s owners, employees or third party contractors in order for us to process your enquiry, submit your interest to the location, organise site visits and process a hire;
- (b) by contacting us with details of a location you are looking to list on our website via phone, email, post or our website, you consent to us contacting you about your location and storing information about the location until you withdraw your consent (including: address, contact details and images);
- (c) by contacting us with a query or concern, you consent to our processing the details you submit to us in order to consider your message, respond to you and act accordingly.
You may withdraw your consent for such processing activities at any time by contacting us via www.location-collective.co.uk/contact. We will then take steps to stop providing any ongoing Services to you. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing activities before we receive your withdrawal notification, and if you change your mind you can still choose to re-provide your consent by using our Website and/or Services again in the future.
We may process your personal information in order to let you know about our products or services that we consider may be of interest to you. We carry out this processing on the legal basis that we have a legitimate interest in marketing our services and only to the extent that we are permitted to do so by applicable marketing laws. Please see the section titled “Marketing” below for further information about our marketing activities and regarding your right to opt out.
STATISTICAL OR RESEARCH PURPOSES
We may anonymise your personal information and aggregate it with other information for statistical or research purposes. We may provide such information to third parties after it has been anonymised so that it cannot be used to identify you.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
We may process your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws.
THOSE TO WHOM WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may provide your personal information to the following recipients for the purposes set out in this Policy:
- locations that you enquire about via our Website;
- members of production teams who wish to hire or consider hiring a location owned by you;
- other companies within our group;
- our employees, consultants, agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
In addition, our Website enables you to share locations on social media platforms, for example Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
While we are based in the UK, we may transfer your personal information to a location (for example to a secure online server) outside the European Economic Area, where we consider it necessary or desirable for the purposes set out in this Policy. In such cases, to safeguard your privacy rights, transfers will be made to recipients to which a European Commission adequacy decision applies (this is a decision from the Commission confirming that adequate safeguards are in place for the protection of personal data), or they will be carried out under the standard contractual clauses for controller-to-processor transfers approved by the Commission on 5 February 2010 (Commission Decision C(2010)593), a copy of which is available to view on the Commission’s website (http://eur-lex.europa.eu).
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep your information in a form which identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. You also have the rights referred to in the “Purposes and Legal Bases of Processing” section of this document relating to your personal information that we process.
We may store your contact details, and carry out marketing profiling activities, for marketing purposes. Where you have given your consent, or where we are otherwise permitted to do so, we may contact you about our products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law: (i) the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information; (ii) the right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified; (iii) the right (in certain circumstances) to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed; (iv) the right to object to the processing of your personal information in the ways described in the sections of this document entitled “Information We Collect From You”, “Purposes and Legal Bases of Processing” and “Marketing”; on or after 25 May 2018, the right to request a copy your personal data that you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format, in order for you to transmit such data to another organisation.
Further information about your information rights is available on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk
HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you would like to contact us in relation to this Policy please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or www.location-collective.co.uk
UK INFORMATION REGULATOR
If you have a concern about the way we handle your personal data you have a right to raise this concern with the UK information regulator, the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk.