Studio & Facilities Assistant
Studio & Facilities Assistant
Position: Studio & Facilities Assistant
Where: London Wimbledon Studios and Old College Building, Holborn
Employment: Full Time Contract
Package: £22k-£24k per annum + Overtime
Incl. 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
About The Collective
London’s leading location agency is going through a period of accelerated growth during a golden era for Film and TV production.
The Collective represents a highly sought-after database of filming locations – around 1,000 hand-picked residential and commercial properties. Founded in 2007, we are firmly embedded within our industry, the first port of call for every major production shooting in and around our city. Our biggest USP is our ability to secure exclusive representation and in turn maximise income for buildings with high filmic potential.
It is an exciting time for The Collective. The level of filming in London is at an all-time high and our two most prolific buildings, The Old College Building in Holborn and London Wimbledon Studios are in constant high demand. We are searching for an enthusiastic and capable Studio Assistant to join the team that manages these two sites to assist in ensuring we continue to deliver the highest standard of service.
You are an integral part of a highly dynamic and successful team. Your core role will be to assist in the smooth day-to-day operation of London Wimbledon Studios. Recent credits are wide-ranging from regular high end commercials through to prime time TV drama and comedy in addition to US feature films featuring Hollywood A-Listers.
‘You will develop a fantastic and wide-ranging network of contacts and form positive working relationships with the production teams on many of the highest profile shoots taking place in the UK.’
You will also step-in to assist with the hires at the Old College Building, tending to the needs of every production utilising the building. From this you will develop a fantastic and wide-ranging network of contacts and form positive working relationships with the production teams on many of the highest profile shoots taking place in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral component of our expanding studio hire and production space team, as well as a chance to learn about the requirements and expectations of every type of film and TV production.
The intention is for this role to develop into a permanent one, growing in range and responsibility as The Collective continues to secure representation of studio and production facilities which are allocated to your team to manage. We want the right candidate to play a part in shaping the future of the team, growing in the role as the team grows, both in numbers and with the range of Locations we look after.
Wimbledon Studios –
● An on-site presence during each hire. Expertly attending to production’s requests with efficiency and poise.
● Providing excellent service by keeping clear communication with Productions, managing their expectations and minimising any delay to their schedules.
● Conduct site recces with productions considering Wimbledon Studios for hire, confidently providing attendees with all relevant information and convincing them Wimbledon is the right choice!
● Using thorough preparation, confidence and diplomacy to manage the expectations of and assist productions with their needs.
● Ensure productions adhere to the agreed intentions, rules and regulations for filming, areas and facilities set out in their hire agreement.
● A supporting on-site point of contact for the studio owner and their Facilities team working with the team to handle their requests as and when raised.
● Researching newly announced productions and proactively chasing new leads to maximise the revenue for both locations
● Assist in the drafting of quotations; hire agreement paperwork and taking ownership of reinstatement documentation.
● Research and engage newly announced projects via email and telephone.
● Update company website with latest marketing material.
Old College Building, Holborn.
● Build positive working relationships with the productions on site, so when issues arise you are well placed to deal with them, ensuring the positive reputation of OCB remains.
● Liaising with the building’s IT Company, providing support to productions, problem solving and implementing new services.
● Generate financial documentation, including invoices & purchase orders.
● Complete a weekly spreadsheet data entry and Support Senior Account Manager of OCB with various administration duties.
● Receive inbound Collective enquiries and divert to appropriate team member.
What we are looking for -
The perfect candidate would hold all of the following characteristics:
• An enthusiastic, positive and can do attitude.
• A proactive over reactive approach to problem solving.
• Client relationship management experience.
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in a professional environment.
• A willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done or problem solved.
• A passion for and understanding of TV and film production process.
• You love the fact that you get extraordinary access to the frontline of high profile productions.
• You always seek to solve the problem … creating solutions quickly will positively impact on your level of success.
• You want to take chances and implement intelligent ideas, improving the way we work.
• Proven experience in creating systems to improve productivity.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Great level of diplomacy.
• You are extremely comfortable on the phone.
• Comfortable on Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for Productions whilst at the Studio. This means you will start at the same time as the cast and crew, and see them through to completion of their shooting day. This will sometimes mean supporting them on site from early mornings through to late nights as well as occasionally at weekends if the shoot runs over these days, we are looking for someone who is available to cater to the productions needs in this way. In recognition of this range of hours (in addition to the salary) you will receive an attractive overtime payment structure and time off in lieu.
The past 2 years have seen an era of unprecedented growth for The Collective. We are in an office set within a large period building in Holborn that still blows our collective minds regularly with the quality of project it attracts. We all went to watch TFI Friday live each week before Christmas last year as we hosted the show here.
A vast amount of emphasis has been placed on team unity, collaboration and personal development within the whole group. We have a strong bond in the office and enjoy working with and learning from each other hugely.
We value professional development. You will embark upon a programme of training and self-development to improve the skills and experience of all of our staff. You will be given an abundance of opportunities to further your already impressive skillsets; it is critical we all keep learning and training to keep work fresh and fun.
If you think you are the right candidate for this role then here is what you need to do.
Firstly, the obvious thing, reply back with your sparkling CV
Now, the more interesting elements:
● In no more than 200 words tell us why this job sparked your interest.
● Explain your two biggest achievements in life to date and why in less than 200 words each.
● Send us one photo of something that interested you today and a short caption or explanation of why.
Apply to: Please email email@example.com with 'Studio & Facilities Assistant' in the subject of your email.
Deadline for Applications - Monday 6th February 2017 but we may start the interview process sooner.
On submitting all parts of the application as set out clearly you will receive instructions on the next stage of the process.